Sunday 15 April 2012

Spots,Stripes and Sketch

My next card creation of today I have made with two challenges in mind, the first being Penny Black Saturday Challenge week 197 - Spots and Stripes.

The image is from the Todily Happy clear stamp set which I bought a fair while ago but it has had very little use. The Birthday Wishes greeting I believe was part of a free stamp set from a magazine. The images were coloured using water colour pencils as I thought the promarkers might be a bit too loud against the background colours I had picked. Once it was all dried out the Cuttlebug came out to cut the circles the final thing I decided to do was to colour the edges with some Tim Holtz distressed ink Im not sure why but the white edges of the circles really didnt go well. Adding the bit of colour to them seems to have helped.

The blue polka dot paper came from the Craft House Polka dot pad set, the black polka dot paper and orange striped paper wa sin the spare offcuts box and I can not for the life of me remember where they came from. The other striped paper was again from the left over box but I seem to remember/think this was from the My Minds Eye Spring pad set.

The second challenge Im putting this card in for is the Sketch Saturday week 203 challenge

5 comments:

  1. adorable card sam...love that cute frog image..thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card - super cute little frog - thanks for joining in at Penny Black Saturday,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute image, I love frogs and hadn't seen this one before!

    Really lovely card.

    Mrs Wonka x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so cute

    thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday

    jen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog any comments, hints/ Tips / constructive criticism will always be welcomed :0)